ZionFireFriends

Full Version: New Jerusalem Garment
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
:zf: The New Jerusalem Garment

[Image: NewJerusalemR250.png]

I saw the holy city, the New Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God, prepared as a bride beautifully dressed for her husband. It shone with the GLory of God, and it's brilliance was like that of a very precious jewel, like jasper, clear as crystal...The foundations of the city walls were decorated with every kin do precious stone... and the twelve gates were twelve perarls, each gate made of a single perarl...the glory and honor of the nations will be brought to it. Nothing impure will ever enter it...
--Rev. 21:2,11,19,21,26,27

[Image: H-ScepterFeast.png]

This is a garment that was envisioned and sponsored by my good friend, and sister banner-maker, Judy Matter. It was first used in Harrisburg, PA at a state prayer rally. The image above is from pageantry presented at the Feast of Tabernacles, Jerusalem Israel.

This is a garment that portrays the Perfected Bride, the wife of the Lamb. The garment is worn as a tunic, or ephod, much like the garments of the High Priest and symbolizes the royal priesthood of the believers. It is a garment appropriate for a royal bride, blue-purple for grace and royalty, and encrusted with jewels and emboidered gold. "The king's daughter is all glorious within her chamber; her gown is interwoven with gold. In embroidered garments she is led to the king" (Psalm 45:13,14).

Twelve rows of jewels are arranged according to the description of the twelve foundations of the City in Revelation 21:19-21. Twelve single pearls, one set in each layer, represent the gates of the city. The fringe tassels at the four corners speak propheticly of the Bride's completed consecration and joyful obedience, out of love, to the Law fulfilled in Christ (Numbers 15:39-40). On the shoulder are engraved pearls that remind us of Jesus' promise to the overcomer, "To him who overcomes, I will give some of the hidden manna. I will also give him a white stone with a new name written on it, known only to him who receives it"(Rev. 2:17).

The silver lace border speaks of the redemption of the Bride by our kinsman-redeemer, Jesus. The vine-pattern in the lace also speaks of Him, for Jesus has said, "I am the vine, you are the branches..." (John 15:5). This border further suggests the settings of antimony (a silvery-white metal) described in Isaiah 54:11 speaking of the Holy City: "Behold, I will set your stones in antimony...." The jeweled tunic is worn over a white garment which signifies the fine linen given to the Bride to wear in Revelation 19:8 ("Fine linen stands for the righteous acts of the saints"). The white also reminds us of the linen garment worn under the ephod of the priests.

The garment also includes a cap which bears a four-sided, jeweled medallion. It represents the city four-square (Revelation 21:16). The medallion contains a large, silver center-jewel which speaks of the Lamb Who is the Light of the city. An attached veil at the back of the cap speaks the message of Isaiah 58:8 "The glory of the Lord will be your rear guard".

We believe that the purpose of this garment is that, as it is worn and displayed, it will speak truth to the Body of Christ about the way the Lord sees His Bride. She is glorious, strong and pure; without spot or wrinkle; a Bride adorned in splendor for her King, perfected in righteousness and grace and glory; full of truth and beauty. Amen.
Helena & I have LOTS of stories about all of the banners and garments, obviously, but we love to share. Not because it makes us look good or right, but to remind ourselves and others who care to listen that there is incredible power in well-crafted symbols. God provides the power. We get to sit and watch and say that holy word, "wow!"

You can imagine that this has been a pretty popular garment, one that many she dancers have wanted to wear, for all sorts of purposes and choreographies. It has participated in at least one real wedding, and a whole bunch of dramatizations of weddings, usually portraying the bride of Christ symbolically. Always fun, always powerful, always a conversation starter.

One of my favorite stories about this garment was a choreography done in one of the Pennsylvania churches we called home. Small dance company, maybe four or five dancers plus Christina. Christina was about 6' tall, blonde and beautiful, graceful as could be. She studied with Ballet Magnificat for a year or so, so you get some idea that she was pretty good. The church sanctuary doubled during the week as a gym. 100' square with ugly gas lighting in the room, but good professional lighting for the platform. Dark room, well lighted platform. The company dancers are on platform doing choreography to Michael W. Smith's "Agnus Dei". Very nice, powerful in its own right. Christina began to move forward, down the middle aisle, in the darkened room. By the time folks saw her, she had passed them and all they could see was her white dress and the blue, hour-glass shaped tunic-like back of the garment (same shape as the front, and same royal blue as the background of the front) plus the cap and veil hanging down the back. Then, she came straight out of the shadows and up on platform, still with her back to the congregation. This was the "debut" for the garment at that congregation. As she joined the others and began to take part in the choreography, it was all pretty natural, until she turned around and the theatrical lights hit the garment. There was an audible, congregational gasp in the body. What a moment! There was this sudden recognition of the beauty and power of His Bride. It was an amazing moment from my vantage point in the congregation.
:wow: :wow: :wow:

That is some seriously beautiful work!!
This garment of praise is beautiful. I too am preparing to introduce a "wedding" theme to conference for ministers of the dance. This would come as a wonderful addition to the whole story. In fact I would like to discuss obtaining flags as well. Please email me in regards to this :-)

Thank you so much.

Only by HIS grace,

Pastor Franca
Greetings, Pastor Franca!

Good stuff, talking with pastors about the concept of wedding, especially if you're pursuing a scriptural view of the bride.

There are a couple of interesting books out there that have bits and pieces about Jewish weddings and the wedding imagery that's found in the Word. I found those images most enlightening as I prepared a teaching on the bride in light of the pilgrim feasts of the Lord. Powerful stuff.

We'd be interested in a preview or a postview of what you present. Always interested to hear such things. Scripture presents such a different view of weddings as a process. The meeting of the bride through "official channels," the arrangements between fathers, the striking of the bargain (traditionally met by the word "tetelestai" as I understand it; the word is more akin to "it's a deal" than it is finished, the completion of a transaction, making Jesus' words on the cross even more powerful, IMO), the gaze of the betrothed as the soon-to-be-groom looks as his beloved before departing and says something like, "I go to prepare a place for you. In my father's house there are many marvelous dwellings," the implication being that what he was going to prepare was going to be very, very special. The promise of return was open ended because he could not come back for his bride until such time as his parents agreed that the dwelling place was adequately prepared and stocked, and that the young man was ready to receive his bride, and that the bride herself was fully prepared for this momentous event. Just SO powerful!
I would encourage anyone who has a vision for producing some kind of Bride/wedding garment to do so. I have been continually amazed over the years how many occasions I have had to use the New Jerusalem garment. It seems the Lord has a lot to say to us about his Bride. It is evident in current teachings, new songs, and conference themes.
What a beautiful garment !!!