ZionFireFriends

Full Version: New York Cheesecake Squares
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
New York CheeseCake Squares

Crust: 22 crushed graham crackers mixed with 1/4# (1 stick) melted butter

Press into pan.

Filling:

3 - 8oz. pkg. cream cheese

1-1/2 tsp. vanilla

1 C. sugar

5 whole eggs

Soften cheese w/ spoon, then with electric mixer, beat in remaining ingredients gradually, adding eggs one at a time till all is creamy. Pour onto graham crust. Bake 325 degrees (40 min for 9x13 pan, about 10 minutes less for larger pan) Remove from oven. Spread on topping. Heat oven to 475 degrees.

Topping: (mix thoroughly)

3 C. sour cream

1 tsp. vanilla

4 T. sugar

Return to oven and bake at 475 degrees for only 5 minutes. Cool. Store in fridge. Cut up into bite sized squares.
mmmmmmmmm making me hungry
Yum, I love cheesecake! The cheesecake here in Malaysia is quite expensive. I had 3 pieces of lemon cheesecake last week hehe.
I used to think there was nothing more rich and decadent than cheesecake, but at fairs here in the US, you can now get deep-fried cheesecake on a stick, drizzled with chocolate syrup.
<QUOTE author="HelenaZF,Oct 17 2007, 12:01 AM">
HelenaZF,Oct 17 2007, 12:01 AM Wrote:I used to think there was nothing more rich and decadent than cheesecake, but at fairs here in the US, you can now get deep-fried cheesecake on a stick, drizzled with chocolate syrup.
That sounds nice :munchies: