ZionFireFriends

Full Version: sometimes in the little things.....
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
You know how you sometimes see something profound in the simplest, ordinary happenings? This isn't any big deal revelation....just another reminder that the Lord is always talking to us and teaching us.

In the Sanctus part of the liturgy, we sing "Blessed is He who comes in the Name of the Lord. Hosanna in the highest." It is a custom to make a sign of blessing when that happens. (Now if that gesture bothers you, just think of it as symbolically applying the blood of the Lamb to the doorposts of our hearts....) In the particular musical version of the Sanctus we were singing today, the phrase "blessed is He who comes" is repeated 3 times. As we sang this, I was aware that some did the blessing sign on the first time, some on the second, and some on the third.

I believe that the Lord was showing me that we constantly have repeated opportunities to acknowledge Him and do something to express our acknowledgement, but that if we miss any, there is always another believer who grasps the moment and sends up the praise. Because believers are all one in Him, a continuous offering is always going up from His people.

The other thing the Lord reminded me of in seeing this, was that none of us are individually responsible or indispensable to the offering up of His praises. Sometimes worship ministers feel like they are "all alone out there" in demonstrating praise and worship, while others just sit back and observe. This little scenario says to me that deep and profound spiritual exchanges are happening that we cannot always be aware of.