ZionFireFriends
OK! What now? - Printable Version

+- ZionFireFriends (https://zionfire.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Ministry Round Table (https://zionfire.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: Dance Ministry (https://zionfire.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=35)
+--- Thread: OK! What now? (/showthread.php?tid=350)

OK! What now? - DPWT - 06-24-2006

Talked to the group tonight. We had to Dance at a seven styles of Worship Dance Fest. Of course our group did awesome but, No Annointing. I told them how I felt about the way we approached Worship Dance and it was a toss up. See the studio is not part of any church and we dance, tap, jazz and ballet and stuff but, the group does every thing. I just told them that GOD isn't in it. It like good and is good but could be so much more. I also said when GOD says it's time to go I'm out. I want to Dance in the Church again and looking for some place to go. But in the the mean time lets give Honor to GOD and Worship HIM! we say that we all LOVE HIM! LIVE for HIM and Trust HIM with all that we have but are we just Dancing or Worship Dancing. I just want more!

OK! What now? - HelenaZF - 06-30-2006

Quote:the studio is not part of any church

Just a thought, but I'm wondering if some of the resistance you are facing is because you don't have a praying body to be accountable to and who supports your vision. And if your dancers come from different churches, or even just have different ideas on how things should be done.....there is not a unifying authority to help when things get tough. It's very hard to face resistance and opposition of anykind without a support system.

I'll be praying that the Lord leads you in the direction that will bring you to a place of fulfillment in the vision He has given you for your ministry.

OK! What now? - DPWT - 07-02-2006

Your right! we need covering. But, I don't believe the studio owner will allow it. I'll pray in that directon and for someone to stand in the gap for us in prayer.

OK! What now? - HelenaZF - 07-08-2006

Quote:we say that we all LOVE HIM! LIVE for HIM and Trust HIM with all that we have but are we just Dancing or Worship Dancing. I just want more!

...now that's a good question we can all be asking ourselves. Why do we dance? And what do we want "more" of?

Are we dancing out of a response to God's magnificent love? Out of a desire to please Him and be a conduit for his Holy Spirit?

Do we want Him to have "more" of us? I think that is a more appropriate goal than to say we want more of God....I believe God gives us as much of Himself as we can stand, in fact, we have no idea how "much" of God we can have and continue to live....

I understand yearning for those around us to be more committed, more "on-fire", more intensely dedicated to worship, but we can only make those decisions for ourselves in the end.

Here's a thought to ponder: If we are constantly obsessing about how no one we are ministering with "gets it", maybe we are walking under the wrong cloud.

OK! What now? - DeanZF - 07-08-2006

HelenaZF,Jul 8 2006, 12:24 PM Wrote:Here's a thought to ponder: If we are constantly obsessing about how no one we are ministering with "gets it", maybe we are walking under the wrong cloud.
Ooooooh. Now that smarts! :banghead:

I've heard that before, and lived it a time or two. <EMOJI seq="1f607">:innocent:</EMOJI>

She's right, you know. This sounds as though it is a conflict between a leader and a follower. If the leader will not be accountable to anyone, can that leader expect others to be accountable to the leader? What kind of cloud is that?? :zap:

And if the follower is bothered by that, should the follower be looking for a cloud that is moving in the same direction as his or her own cloud??? Can two walk together unless Father is leading both of them? Can there be any real power if there are such disparate visions?

Worth praying about, methinks.

OK! What now? - DPWT - 09-08-2006

Well, we've lost 2 members this week and it's not getting any better. I'm just praying and waiting on the LORD to guide my decision.

OK! What now? - HelenaZF - 09-08-2006

DPWT, if you'd like to schedule a time when we can do a real-time chat with you, please PM Dean or me and we'll set something up. Maybe we can help you brainstorm a bit.